Thursday, January 1, 2009

Time to welcome 2009

Is clock ticking too fast or is that my imagination? Is it not a few days ago I welcomed 2008 and today it’s already the first day of 2009. Twelve months went by so quick before I could savor it. They say good times always tend to shift fast and dreadful moments pass very sluggish. If that’s true then I want 2009 to go fast for all of us.

Yesterday I was going through all the memorabilia of 2000 - 2008. This is something I love to do not just on Dec 31st but whenever I have some time or become nostalgic. By memorabilia I meant lots and lots of photos I take of my kids and of all the special occasion. I couldn’t stop laughing with the hair style I use to have in the year 2000. Everything changed from my dressing style to physical appearance. My kids love going through photos with me. They keep asking me why they weren’t invited to mom and dad’s wedding. “Mommy why didn’t you take me to Singapore trip” asks my son. I told him he wasn’t born that time. I realized he was not happy with that answer. So I changed the explanation. I told him he was sick and therefore couldn’t take him. He instantly smiles and says we should go there again.

Some time I feel like freezing the time and relish every happy moment to my hearts’ content and fast forward every disheartening moments. I wish I had that kind of power. Life is a mixture of both laughter and tearful moments and that the truth of life. I wish you all lot more new years ahead with unlimited laughter and strength to encounter life’s’ turmoil. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009.

No comments: